Monday 19 May 2014

42325 – 17:49 Monday 19th May

42325

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, let no-one ever say I don’t give credit where credit is due. Today when boarding the Worcester Shrub Hill service and bounding into Carriage D (42325 to his friends) I was stuck squarely between the eyes by the cooling draught of a well working air conditioning system, which after the muggy heat of the sweltering London, was quite a relief, let me let you.

I told FGW as much with the following tweet but maybe because Moody Max was on duty I ended up sitting next to some middle-aged suit who spent the whole journey playing the Rachmaninoff concerto on the keyboard of his laptop.



The one bright light in the journey was my first photo taking the number of the carriage from the side of, what I initially thought was the air conditioning unit, but seeing as these boxes only appear in Carriage D’s I’m guessing in fact it’s the inner workings of the VOLO TV system, that top notch entertainment system which brings us such delights as the Moving Map, the Rugby World Cup highlights from 1980-something and endless loops of the hilarious Miranda.

Anyway, a good start to the journey……………


No comments:

Post a Comment