Tuesday 24 June 2014

44055 & 42010 – 06:57 & 18:22 Tuesday 24th June



















44055 & 42010

Only 7 carriages on this morning 06:57 which meant a whole lot of people standing for over an hour, but not me who used my over-active spider senses to line myself up with the re-positioned Carriage A and still score both a hit with 44055 as a new carriage and a seat to boot!

The return journey home was courtesy of Carriage 42010 another new one for the books. It was a regular on-time journey only ruined only by the half dozen or so absent parents who all took it on themselves to ring their kids at the same time. We had “Oh, did you go swimming at school did you? Did you get wet?” (really?) to “Barnaby, Barnaby…..where’s the cat? Where’s the cat?” and various other banalities which had me on the edge of throwing myself through the nailed shut window until the chap opposite restored my faith in humanity by declaring in the best train phone conversation every.

“Hi, I’m on the 18:22. Bye”

No comments:

Post a Comment