Monday 18 August 2014

42066 18:37 Monday 18th August

42066


The start of a new week and it was an exciting old journey home after boarding the 18:03 to Penzance and taking a seat in 42252, which although turned out to be a duplicate carriage, didn’t stop the fun and games kicking off when a certain cheeky chappy skipped up the aisle with a jaunty step, merrily waving a long stick in the air with a mobile phone glued to the end.

Turns out that the “stick” is a “selfiepod” and going from what the chap was saying, I could purchase one directly from him for the princely sum of £10.

Actually I could probably do with one as I’d only just taken this snap of a fellow passenger who thinks it acceptable to hog seats with runner beans. Just imagine the shot I could have got if I’d got a stick with a camera on the end?



I have to say he was more “silver spoon” than “barrow boy” but not used to having my train journey turned into a mobile version of Petticoat Lane I tweeted @FGW to see whether this was an bonus extra service to try to regain some of their customer’s trust. (This is an ongoing subject at the moment.)



Grant, ever one to crush a young entrepreneur’s dream, was soon on the case, but his tweet gave me the impression that the man with the stick had just been catapulted through the buffet car window as we passed through Taplow.



Feeling like a complete cad I promised @selfiepod a mention on tonight’s blog and then went beyond the call of duty by trying to peddle their wares to Grant himself. Noting Grant’s reluctant to appear in any photographic format (has he got an extra eye or something?) I instead connected “Mr Pod” with the ever delectable queen of purple, Rebecca the Ambassador from Cardiff - @fgw_cdfcentral and no sooner had you said Cilla Black it looks like we should all start ordering our top hats and buttonholes.



Mind you, any previous guilty feelings I had were soon dispelled when I reached home and found that “Mr Selfie” was not only claiming he was simply explaining the selfiepod system to interested parties (how come I know it’s a tenner then Mr Dragon’s Den?) but had captured himself with FGW’s Jess!



Now unless there’s a Train Manager going by the same name, the last time I saw the “proper” Jess she looked like this – how she’s let herself go!

(She's the one on the right BTW, not the one in the middle)

Oh, my journey was completed on 42066, a Carriage C on the 18:37 to Frome.

No comments:

Post a Comment