Monday 15 September 2014

42562 & 42085 – 18:03 & 18:37 Monday 15th September

 


42562 & 42085

Not a great deal to report on a very mundane 18:03 Penzance Service other than another refurbished Carriage E, 42562, which took me to Reading.

The 18:37 to Frome was slightly more exciting, especially in Carriage D, 42085, where the elderly couple opposite me had a falling out because the chap had left their copy of the Evening Standard in the luggage rack.

“Oh Tom, you’ve not gone and forgot it have you?”

“Doesn’t matter, you have this.”

“I don’t want the Financial Times Tom, oh I can’t believe you’ve left it behind.”

“Doesn’t matter, I’ll go and get it in a mo.”

“Oh Tom, you only had to remember one thing.”

To be quite frank, if Tom had returned with the paper (which he dutifully did) and rolled it into a tube and lamped her round the bonce with it I wouldn’t have blamed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment