Thursday 24 April 2014

42293 – 18:15 Thursday 24th April

42293

My arrival at Paddington this evening was somewhat delayed due to a work’s “celebration” where my hard work was literally repaid in peanuts………less said about that, the better.

So thanks to my business enforced tardiness it meant that I’d missed the usual Frome service and had to instead take a train I’d never taken before, namely the 18:15 service to Swansea. Carriage B was my chosen carriage and I made it into the last unreserved seat before the poor late comers had to start standing in the aisle. Just remember kids, your ticket is for the journey, not for a seat.

Disembarkation at Reading showed that the front power car on this particular journey was courtesy of Didcot Railway Centre which is none other than @slowpokesam ‘s favourite wagon. Quite why it’s his favourite he’s never explained, but in tribute to this childlike obsession with choo-choo trains, here’s a picture of it. I mean it’s not like you’d ever catch me logging numbers in a book is it.


The later journey also meant a horrible stupid Turbo from Reading to Thatcham and therefore no third number for the day. 

Stupid Turbos.

No comments:

Post a Comment